Pape Samory Seck.
Bio & Show
Pape Samory Seck comes from the well-known Senegalese griot family Seck and grew up in the capital of Senegal (Dakar) in the well-known musician district of Pikine.
He studied and refined his art at the Center Culturel Blaise Senghor and the École Nationale des Arts. His instruments include Djembé, Doun Doun, Sabar, Serouba, Conga, Bougarabou, Asico and Tama (Talking Drum).
Pape lives in Germany since 1997 and is one of the most sought-after percussionists for African rhythms. He founded the Germany-based formation of “Le Deggo” as well as the groups “Seck Brothers”, “African Melody” and “Trio Dakar”. However, he also serves other musical genres such as jazz, world music, pop, classical and traditional with one of a kind style and virtuosity.
When it comes to his performance - pure magic! The energy, musicianship and virtuosity he brings with him on stage are something special. Over the years he has put together four types of unforgettable shows - Solo, Trio, Quartet and one with his full Band (eight or more musicians). Dive into Pape Samory Seck's inspiring world by scrolling down and click on "Inquire now" to contact us.
(Djembe & Sabar)
African vs. Indian Drum
· "Le Deggo", "Deggo ta Saf" & "African Melody"
· "Polar Music Prize 2013" in Sweden
· Womat Festival in Australia & Weltexpo in China (Hamid Baroudi Band)
· Gala-Concert for Nelson Mandela in South Africa (Hamid Baroudi Band)
· Mike Herting's „Sai Symphonie“ in India 2015
· Solist for the Bundes Jazz Orchester
· Musician for WDR's Hörbuchpreis - 2017, 2018 & 2019
· World Tours with Carlou D und Cheikh Lo
· Andre Hellers - „Afrika Afrika“ (Solist on the 2019 Tour)
· „Global Music Orchester“
· Dozent @ Musikhochschule Detmold since 2018
· Dozent @ Popakademie Mannheim since 2017